Sentinel for Cooling Water
How does Sentinel Work
How has Sentinel Been Used
One of our first “Plant Beta Sites” was experiencing mineral deposition and under-deposit pitting corrosion in excess of 0.30” deep. Over a 2-year period results have been improved significantly and a number of additional uses for this tool have been identified:
• Mineral deposition eliminated
• Localized pit depths reduced 98.7% (current maximum pit 0.004”).
• Evidence of effective system passivation following a turnaround.
• Visual impact of microbiological excursions on heat transfer surfaces following the loss of oxidant feed.
• As an online visual tool to determine the effectiveness of system cleanup following a bacteria excursion and a method to clearly identify how long a clean-up protocol should be run.
• Sentinel was used as an operations training tool for online observations of cooling water performance, demonstrating to operators the importance of control and selected chemistry.